CLOSER Discovery – the UK’s most detailed search engine for longitudinal data – contains COVID-19 metadata from seven longitudinal population studies for researchers to explore in unprecedented detail.
Researchers can search over 4,500 COVID-19 questions to understand the context of data collected or explore over 18,880 COVID-19 variables rich in metadata to discover which will meet their research needs.
CLOSER Discovery features COVID-19 metadata from the following longitudinal population studies:
- 1946 National Survey of Health and Development (NSHD)
- 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS)
- 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS)
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
- Millennium Cohort Study (MCS)
- Next Steps
- Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study (UKHLS)
Use the search bar below to start exploring the data (opens in new tab).
Future COVID-19 updates to CLOSER Discovery
CLOSER Discovery is frequently updated to include new metadata and functionality. In future updates, we plan to add:
- New waves of data collection including those collected in the second wave of COVID-19
- Additional metadata from other CLOSER partner studies
- Functionality to identify and display repeated measures across the COVID-19 waves to allow researchers to determine whether data is immediately comparable or requires more work to combine into analysis.
Sign up to our e-newsletters to keep up to date with the latest CLOSER Discovery updates and developments.