Click on the individual cognitive measures to find out more.
Notes. The MCS cohort has not yet reached adulthood (as of the time of writing) so is not included in this table. *Tests completed by a sub-sample. **At the time of writing, cognitive tests were provisional pending pilot and fieldwork.
Explore the cognitive measures across studies in early life:
Explore the cognitive measures in the cohort studies covered by this guide:
- 1946 National Survey of Health and Development (NSHD)
- 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS)
- 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS70)
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
- Millennium Cohort Study (MCS)
- Background & instruction on using this guide
- Acknowledgements and copyright information for this guide
- References for this guide
- Download the full guide as a PDF
This page is part of CLOSER’s ‘A guide to the cognitive measures in five British birth cohort studies’.