Learn about the dietary measures and estimated nutrient intake information available within and across eight CLOSER partner studies
This guide was created as part of CLOSER Work Package 17: Scoping existing dietary data available in CLOSER to support cross-cohort research questions.
Overview of dietary assessment methods
Learn about the measurement of diet in selected CLOSER studies
- Overview of dietary information in selected CLOSER studies
- Hertfordshire Cohort Study (HCS)
- 1946 National Survey for Health and Development (NSHD)
- 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS)
- 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS70)
- Understanding Society: The UK Household Longitudinal Study (UKHLS)
- The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
- Southampton Women’s Survey (SWS)
- Millennium Cohort Study (MCS)
- Acknowledgements and copyright information for this guide
- References for this guide
- Download the full guide as a PDF
This guide was written by Jane Maddock, Dara O’Neill, Sian Robinson, Sarah Crozier, Karen Jameson, Brian Dodgeon, Matthew Suderman, Pauline Emmett, Karon Gush, Jonathon Burton, John Payne, Meena Kumari, and Rebecca Hardy.
To cite the guide, please use the following suggested citation:
Maddock, J., O’Neill, D., Robinson, S., Crozier, S., Jameson, K., Dodgeon, B., Suderman, M., Emmett, P., Gush, K., Burton, J., Payne, J., Kumari, M., & Hardy, R. (2020). A guide to the dietary data in eight CLOSER studies. London, UK: CLOSER.