Source: Office for National Statistics (Dataset: Internet access – households and individuals)
- The chart shows the estimated percentage of households with internet access in the United Kingdom between 1998 and 2004, and the estimated percentage for households in Great Britain from 2005 to 2020.
- Figures were sourced from the Family Expenditure Survey for 1998-2001, from the Expenditure and Food Survey for 2002 to 2004, and the Opinion and Lifestyle Survey (formerly known as the Opinions/Omnibus Survey) from 2005.
- Estimates were published on a quarterly basis from 1998 to 2004.
- During 2005, estimates were published at irregular intervals as Topic Based Summaries – these are no longer available on the ONS website.
- 2020 estimates relate to January and February. 2015 to 2019 estimates relate to January, February and April. Previous estimates relate to January to March, except for 1998 which relates to April to June, and for 2005 which relates to May.