Data from the Age 17 Sweep of the Millennium Cohort Study (MCS) are now available to download from the UK Data Service. Join this upcoming CLS webinar to discover what’s new in MCS7 (the 7th sweep of MCS at Age 17) and how to use the data.
Data from the Age 17 Sweep of the Millennium Cohort Study (MCS) are now available to download from the UK Data Service. This sweep is the first to focus predominantly on hearing direct from the cohort members about their experiences at a pivotal point in their lives, on the cusp of adulthood.
Discover what’s new, including data covering a comprehensive range of topics including education and training, transitions to the job market, mental health and well-being, physical development, personality, identity, attitudes and expectations, engagement in risky behaviours, and social media activity.
The webinar will be valuable to those who:
- Are interested in what’s new and in using data from the MCS at age 17
- Would like a brief update on the MCS and what’s ahead
- Have specific questions about the MCS
The webinar runs from 2pm to 3pm GMT.
Organised into discrete sessions, guests can choose to join for the full webinar or log in at the beginning of the relevant session(s).
At the end of each presentation there will be an opportunity to ask questions related to the topics discussed. The timings and areas covered in each session are outlined below:
- 14:00-14:05 – Brief introduction to the MCS (Vanessa Moulton, Senior Research Associate)
- 14:05-14:25 – MCS overview of content + Q&A (Lusy Haselden, Survey Manager)
- 14:25-14:45 – Overview of data structure + Q&A (Vilma Agalioti-Sgompou, Data Manager)
- 14:45-15:00 – What’s new in the MCS + general MCS Q&A (All speakers)
For more information, and to register, visit the UCL Centre for Longitudinal Studies event webpage.