This webinar, organised by the UCL Centre for Longitudinal Studies will introduce users to the 1970 British Cohort Study Age 46 sweep, covering: data collection, content, and emerging findings.
About this webinar
The Age 46 Sweep of the 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS70) involved many data collection elements, including a full range of bio-measures administered by a nurse. These data, which will shortly be available to download from the UK Data Service, offer unique and detailed insights into health in mid-life, allowing researchers to assess longitudinal predictors of mid-life health, as well as cross-cohort comparisons of biomedical measures in other birth cohorts such as the 1958 National Child Development Study.
This webinar focuses on data collection, content and some emerging findings from these newly-available data.
The webinar will be valuable to those who:
- Are interested in understanding what will be available in the Age 46 data
- Would like to assess health, social and economic matters in mid-life
- Want to consider health in mid-life in relation to social and biological data collected in earlier life stages or cross-cohort
- Have specific questions about the BCS70
- 14:00 – 14:25, Overview of content including biomedical measures (Matt Brown, Survey Manager)
- Overview of questionnaire content
- Overview of biomedical measures
- Overview of other data collection elements e.g. activity monitor, online dietary diary
14:25 – 14:40, Descriptive overview of key data (Dr Ellen Thompson, Research Associate)
- Differences by gender and work status
If you have any queries about this webinar, please contact the CLS communications team email@example.com