Search and browse questionnaires and data from longitudinal studies using the CLOSER Discovery search engine.
You can search by keyword, or browse by topic. Discovery provides users with a range of features to improve their searches and locate the data they are interested in.
The CLOSER Discovery search engine can show you:
- relevant survey questions and variables, which you can filter by study, topic and life stage;
- the original question the variables are based on;
- where questions appeared in the survey, including complete routing;
- the sources of derived variables (but not the derivation methodology);
- an overview of each variable, including valid and invalid cases; maximum, minimum and mean values; and in many cases, a frequency count; and,
- how to access the data from each study.
You can save information for questions and variables of interest to a List, and download it for your reference.
Our studies also collect genetic data, which isn’t listed within CLOSER Discovery. However, researchers can visit CLOSER Discovery to view a summary of genetic data available in CLOSER studies, with links to accessing this data.
Researchers wishing to access genetics data from ESRC-funded studies will need to apply to METADAC.