Explore the measures used to assess diverse aspects of cognition within and across five British birth cohort studies
This guide was created as part of CLOSER Work Package 19: Assessment and harmonisation of cognitive measures in British birth cohorts.
Explore the measures by life stage
Explore the measures by cohort study
- 1946 National Survey of Health and Development (NSHD)
- 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS)
- 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS70)
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
- Millennium Cohort Study (MCS)
Learn about harmonisation feasibility and explore the measures by cognitive ability domain
Download the cognitive measures guide
- Download the original report on the cognitive measures (PDF)
- Download the second report on harmonisation feasibility (PDF)
Note the information in this guide is valid as of January 2020.
To cite the guide, please use the following suggested citation:
Moulton, V., McElroy, E., Richards, M., Fitzsimons, E., Northstone, K., Conti, G., Ploubidis, G.B., Sullivan, A., & O’Neill, D. (2020). A guide to the cognitive measures in five British birth cohort studies. London, UK: CLOSER.